Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Barn in the middle of Town


The town that I live in, is a very busy suburban town with a large, growing population. There are strip malls and fast food all around. So the other day, when I was driving through one of my favorite strip malls, I looked over, saw this and couldn't resist taking my camera in hand.
In the middle of the strip malls, traffic and hustle & bustle of growing suburbia there is a field, and in that field stands a barn with a grove of trees behind it. Its almost as if this field and this barn are frozen in time, a quiet reminder of when this area was very different.

6 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

I love the photo and the fact that it is in the middle of all the hub bub is even more special!!! I can get so irritated that we as humans think we have to develope every piece of land!!! oh well, off that subject lol!!! Great photo!!!!

NJStampinMom / "Lynn" said...

This is a beautiful photo - and I love how you were able to make it JUST this and none of the more modern surroundings. Great capture of time standing still

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful photo! Love the red barn in the middle of busy city!

kimB said...

Looks very nice and peaceful -- maybe the local folks use it as a place to relax and unwind during lunch or after work!

Lovely photo - TFS :)

-- kimB

Sam said...

This is definately my favorite!! Beautiful scenery!

Anonymous said...

Nice composition! Very picturesque!